NEWS

CEB employees will be absorbed into new companies after restructuring

Published

on

Jobs of all secure under new dispensation

Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera told Parliament on Thursday that approximately 4,000 temporary employees at the Electricity Board would be confirmed in service.

Currently, a human resources census was being conducted in the Board, which had caused a delay in confirming the status of these workers, the Minister said. However, the process of confirming them in service was expected to near completion within the next few months.

Minister Wijesekera said promotion procedures, which had been temporarily halted would resume once the census was completed. “Following the restructuring of the Electricity Board, all employees will be absorbed into the companies to be formed,” he said.

Author


Hit Counter provided by technology news