Breaking

Sajith rejects govt. offer to appoint PSC, renews his call for int’l probe

Published

on

Sajith Premadasa

Channel 4 allegations:

By Saman Indrajith

Opposition and SJB leader Sajith Premadasa, making a special statement in Parliament yesterday renewed his call for an international probe into the Easter Sunday bombings. “We need to get at the truth. Every probe on Easter Sunday has been manipulated. We cannot expect a parliamentary committee appointed by the government which came to power, capitalising on anger and frustration caused by the Easter Sunday terror attacks, to reveal the truth.

Such a regime would never bring the masterminds behind the terrorist attacks to justice, the Opposition Leader said.

He said that justice for those who had been killed and maimed in the Easter Sunday terror attacks and their family members still remains a distant dream. “We call on the government to conduct an impartial investigation and that cannot be done without an international intervention to ensure transparency.”

Author


Hit Counter provided by technology news